How to Obtain Services

Access for hearing-impaired persons is available through the 711 Telecommunications Relay Service.

To obtain help for someone experiencing a mental health crisis, there are three possibilities:

  1. If the crisis places anyone in immediate danger, call 911.
  2. If the crisis does not involve immediate danger, and if the person in crisis has insurance coverage through a health plan, call the health plan to get a referral to a covered mental health provider.
  3. For all others, call the 24-hour toll-free Access Line at (888) 868-1649. Someone is available to assist you 24 hours per day, seven days per week.   

If you have never been seen by the Department of Behavioral Wellness, contact the 24 Hour Toll Free Access Line at (888) 868-1649. You may click here for a description of whom we serve. We offer a variety of Mental Health programs for Children, Transition-Age Youth and Adults.

To obtain services for an alcohol or drug problem for yourself or a loved one:

The Santa Barbara County Alcohol & Drug Program (ADP) is primarily an administrative office that contracts with local community-based organizations to provide alcohol and drug prevention, treatment, and recovery services to the community. If you think you or someone you know might have an alcohol or drug problem, you may contact the 24-hour toll-free Access Line (888) 868-1649 for assistance in locating a service provider in your area. You may also find information about ADP services and contracted providers by calling ADP at 681-5440. 

To contact a member of the Behavioral Wellness staff:

Telephone the service site at which the staff member you are seeking is located. Here are the telephone numbers.    

To find other community resources: