Welcome to the Santa Barbara County Public Works Department
- Your Vote Counts in the WaterWise High School Video Contest
- County Provides Expert Help with Backyard Composting
- Flood Preparedness Resources
- County Breaks Ground on Laguna County Sanitation District Upgrade
- Debris Flow Road and Bridge Repairs to Continue this Summer
- Small Business and Community Partnership Program
- Beach nourishment to begin at Goleta Beach County Park
- Public Works Department temporarily closes public permitting counters
- County celebrates new Ashley Road Bridge
- The County and Goleta Union School District address food waste
About The Department
The Public Works Department is comprised of five Divisions:
Providing prudent fiscal management, staff support and other required resources to enable each division to obtain their goals.
Resource Recovery & Waste Management
Protecting the public health and environment of our community by efficiently managing waste products and utilities.
Responsible for maintaining accurate land records within the County of Santa Barbara
Providing a clear path, smooth ride, and a safe trip to the travelling public.